Coming to the Switch next month is Mini Motor Racing X, and quite frankly, why not sooner?
That’s right, I’ve played Mini Motor Racing X by The Binary Mill on the PlayStation 4, and it’s great! Think Micro Machines, only with a perfect selection of camera modes and a game that doesn’t try to be the classic retro title, instead, it’s own game.
The levels aren’t anything like tabletops but proper tropical resorts and Monaco like tracks, albeit bite-size enough to have a quick run through without doing Le Mans.
There’s a multitude of cars on offer that can be unlocked and upgraded through progress with nitrous oxide in abundance. For racing, of course. Core features in Mini Motor Racing X include:
- Massive career mode: Collect dozens of cars and race on over 50 tracks in hundreds of races with vibrant, rich visuals, day and night and in varying weather conditions.
- Type X’ battle mode: The same fast-paced racing action, but with the added chaos of weapons. Available for both career mode and multiplayer races.
- Upgrade your rides: Unlock dozens of cars and pump your hard earned winnings into turning them into high-performance beasts.
- Multiplayer: Full online multiplayer with up to four friends and local campaign co-op.
- Multiple ways to play: Play in 1st person, 3rd person, from above or a variety of other camera options.
- Online cross play with other platforms, including VR
With Mini Motor Racing X we focused on features that bring out the best in the Switch, such as local splitscreen co-op career modes as well as a myriad of online unique modes. We can’t wait to jump in some online games with Switch racers!”Ingmar Lak, The Binary Mill CEO
What’s so special about the Switch version?
- Easily invite your friends to play via the new Online Play Invites system
- Up to 4 player local splitscreen (support for 2 and 3 also)
- New in-car cockpits
- Enhanced Type X mode
Check out the trailer below:
Mini Motor Racing X will be out on the Nintendo Switch on the 17th September. Make a note.