Rock your week with Double Kick Heroes, coming to the Switch this month.
Some like the smell of napalm in the morning, for socialites like me, I like to kickstart with metal. I’m no alchemist, but an advocate of loud music that must contain these core ingredients: guitars, drums, bass and face-melting solos.
Double Kick Heroes may be the start to the morning I’ve been looking for as you control a mötley crew of metalheads as they steam along in their Gundillac Sheila, blasting away evil hordes in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
So, the not-so-distant future?
We hope that you love our game as much as we do and enjoy the kick-ass soundtrack we’ve put together to celebrate all things metal. We can’t wait for people to try out air controls for Nintendo Switch which is a heap load of metallic fun, but please drum responsibly.David Elahee – Headbang Club
With over 50 guitar crunching licks, here are just some of the core features in Double Kick Heroes:
- A full story mode that’s accompanied by 50 kerranging songs, including the OST Volume 2 Update, by top artists such as Ultra Vomit, Volkorx, Gorod, Jinjer, Carpenter Brut and Gojira!
- Unique Rhythm shooter mashup with incredibly detailed pixel art
- 5 difficulty settings to test even the most metal of metal head’s skills
- Tons of accessibility options
- USB drum and guitar support on PC and Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Alternative Motion Control Methods
- Air drumming – Joy-Con used as drumsticks, keeping in the rhythm of the game
- Air beat – Can’t drum? No Problem! Stomp to the beat with your Joy-Con
- Want the all-out motion-controlled experience and really put that double kick pedal to the metal? Then it’s time to use two sets of Joy-Con, one in your socks and one in your hands and drum and stomp your way through the apocalypse!
Check out the trailer below:
Double Kick Heroes will be available on the Switch, Steam and Xbox One from the 13th August, with pre-orders available from the 5th August.