Zombie Driver Immortal Edition is currently available on the PS4, but did you know that you already own it if you have the PS3 version?
How good would it be if you could take one of your favourite games across not just one more generation, but three? Well, if your favourite game is Zombie Driver Immortal Edition, you’re in luck.
With this PS4 release, available now folks, you can play the game on the PS3 and eventually the PS5 when it launches this year for £149.99. That’s a guess, don’t quote me.
Why would you want to play a current-gen title on an old system? Well, retro fans rejoice – that’s what we game lovers do, but also, if you already own Zombie Driver Immortal Edition on PS3, you’ll be able to play it it’s unadulterated 256 colours on the PS4.
Yes, I’m aware that the PS4 has more than 256 colours. Possibly even 1000.
Unless Sony pulls the plug on production, I get abducted by aliens, or the Digital Edition of the PS5 costs more than £500, I’ll be getting one so if I can transfer my games over to next-gen, I’m in.
But what about the game? Let’s drop all this tech talk for a second. Zombie Driver Immortal Edition is a frantic driving game where you mow down zombies with a very creative arsenal. Think Carmageddon, only with a birdseye view.
- Epic boss fights with enormous mutated zombies.
- Defending key targets against huge waves of zombies.
- Racing against time to rescue survivors.
- Transporting dangerous cargo.
- Spraying zombie repellent around town.
- 13 different vehicles to drive including a fire truck, a bulldozer, and even a tank.
- Blood Race:
- Race – classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies.
- Eliminator – take out as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out.
- Endurance – there’s a bomb on your car and it’s ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time.
- Fight through endless waves of zombies.
- Upgrade your car on the fly.
- Kill thousands of zombies.
- Nine different upgrades that can transform even an innocent taxi into a Chariot of Death.
- Miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, and dual rail guns.
- Vicious zombie types – even zombie dogs.
- Advanced, dynamic combo system with tricks – and hordes of zombies to try it on.
- All previously released DLC extensions have been incorporated into the Immortal Edition. The Apocalypse Pack, Tropical Race Rage, Burning Garden of Slaughter, and Brutal Car Skins have been included in the game as rewards for completing gameplay objectives.
Here’s a trailer for your pleasure:
Zombie Driver Immortal Edition is out now on PlayStation 4 (and to some degree, the PS3 and later, PS5).