Up for a story-driven shmup? Veteran pilot Zarak and trainee Aya are out to investigate ‘the resurgent threat against free space’ in Wings of Bluestar, coming to consoles this month.
A side-scrolling shooter using classic examples of the genre but with HD visuals, weapon upgrades and intense bullet hell gameplay, the game also boasts a deep narrative experience with dialogue choices, thus multiple endings. Woot woot!
Key features in Wings of Bluestar include:
- Challenge 8 stages of side-scrolling bullet hell mayhem!
- Enjoy hand-painted sprites and story scenes.
- Choose between 2 playable pilots with unique ships.
- Upgrade weapons as you progress!
- Explore a deep narrative with dialogue choices and multiple endings.
- Unlock artwork, sound test, extra game modes and more!
View the announcement trailer for yourself!
Wings of Bluestar, from Eastasiasoft, is available for the PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch from the 18th of January 2023, priced at US$14.99 / €14.99, respectively.