Coming in 2021, Wing of Darkness is a 3D shooter heading to the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.
Published by Clouded Leopard Entertainment Inc. and developed by Production Exabilities (Japanese language) in their debut, Wing of Darkness will get a simultaneous worldwide release and in a Limited Edition for Japan and Asia that features opening and ending songs, and visual fan book and patches and pins. It sounds like a textiles workbook.
But why get the Limited Edition if you don’t know what it’s about? You play a Fraulein (that’s German, people) fighting a battle against the Blankers. Separated into two components, the game plays out as a shooter with infinite ammo as one part, a fully-voiced cutscene extravaganza for the other.
Humanity’s last hope… an unknown enemy… survival of mankind… you know all the traits, only in this game, the Frauleins have access to the Held System – a state of the art weapon.
Key features in Wing of Darkness include:
- Simple Mechanics – Enjoy zipping through the sky in all directions with simple gameplay controls.
- Unlimited Ammo – Ammunition replenishes itself gradually over time.
- Choose your weapon before each mission and experience the exhilaration of shooting down powerful enemies without any restrictions.
- Stunning Visuals – The various missions depict stylish aerial combat with laser weapons and missiles. The sky’s the limit!
- Fully Voiced Story – Cutscenes take place before and after the action sequences. The story is told in a reminiscent narrative that alternates between the perspectives of the two main heroines, Klara (voiced by Kiyono Yasuno) and Erika (voiced by Chihira Mochida)
- Two Frauleins – The story begins when two young women from complete opposite backgrounds meet. At first, they dislike each other, but they eventually grow to respect one another, coming together to fight against the unknown threat of the Blankers, as well as the mystery surrounding the Fraulein military program.
Here’s a modern-day game trailer: