Viscerafest is another one of those old-school FPS titles from the experts, in my opinion, at publishing these type of games; 1C Entertainment. Going into Early Access, this is one for all you retro Doom or Duke Nukem 3D fans.
- Fort Solis Walkthrough Plus 100% Achievements List
- Expand Your Horisons In These Doomed Isles Early Access
- MythForce Review: You And Me, We Can Defeat Evil
- Have You Played The Foolish Mortals Demo Yet?
This is an arena-style FPS where you play Caroline, a ‘bloodthirsty, psychopathic mercenary who wants nothing more than to marry her wonderful boyfriend Athens Fetter’. A common thread then?
Developed by Acid Man Games and Fire Plant Games, the Viscerafest Early Access model will feature an introductory prelude level, the game’s main and chapter one hubs, seven levels to play in the first chapter, eight enemy types and six out of the total selection of nine weapons.
Key features include:
- Navigate nonlinear hand-crafted levels, stuffed to the brim with secrets, using key cards, completing puzzles and various objectives to progress. Set across a wide variety of locations, from a space station above the earth, to a realm beyond our reality.
- Wield 9 unique and powerful weapons, from staples of the genre like the bunker buster double-barreled shotgun, to the more unique and offbeat, such as the Pung Cannon.
- Slaughter over 2 dozen different enemy types, from the minor grunts who make up the U.S.C’s forces, to monsters beyond your ability to comprehend such as The Soul Hunters. New enemy types are introduced every level, each compounding the challenges you’ll face with a variety of attacks and behaviors
- Juggle your resources, as you fight to stay alive, constantly balancing your use of ammo, health, and armor.
- Move at the speed of light, chaining bunny hopping and dashing together to move at speeds no man would dream of, and with your overbearing air control, dance around projectiles like no other.
- Collect tons of goodies to unlock items such as Cypher keys, and level modifiers to spice up your playthroughs.
Check out a gameplay trailer here:
Viscerafest Early Access is out now and available on Steam and GOG for $14.99 USD / €14.99 EUR with the full launch scheduled for autumn 2022.