Coming to the Switch next month, Under the Jolly Roger – an open-world RPG pirate game, keen to rule the seas.
I refuse to use any Pirate cliche so instead will begin with: “What’s up me ol’ muckers? Up for a bit of sailing?”. What I want to say is “Stand back ye salty sea dogs, the Cap’n ‘ere is rootin’ for some booty”. Or something to that effect.
Under the Jolly Roger is an action RPG pirate game from HeroCraft, set in an open world of colonies and forts with hundreds of quests. Think Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, but a dedicated RPG and hint of third-person free-roaming.
To rule the seas, you either need the one ring to rule them all or hoard a wealth of guns, mortars and flamethrowers and blast the competition off of the water. Then claim what’s left, if anything.
Core features in Under the Jolly Roger include:
- The seamless open world you can sail in real-time.
- Upgrade and decorate your ship to strike fear upon your enemies!
- Become a merchant. Earn your fortune by trading with colonies!
- Plunder galleons, sink warships, destroy forts!
- Face the creatures of the deep! Giant sea monsters are waiting for you.
And you can see a little bit of cinematic action with a hint of gameplay in the trailer below also:
Under the Jolly Roger will be available on the Nintendo Switch in September with a three-week pre-order period.