Turrican Flashback is heading to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, featuring four of the classic games in one groovy digital or physical package. Steady.
Anyone familiar with the C-word that is, Commodore, will remember Turrican. Turrican II was the one that lured me in, and I’m thrilled to see it get an overhaul for the PS4 and Switch.
A 90s classic, this action title is a platform shooter with some of the most gratifying weapons of the era, and one of the best 16-bit soundtracks in my <ahem> professional opinion.
Turrican Flashback is a completed of four titles: Turrican, Turrican II: The Final Fight, Mega Turrican and Super Turrican. Ratalaika Games were also involved, and they’ve been involved in a good share of Switch titles, so know what they’re doing.
Turrican Flashback will be in widescreen, new filters, minimal HUD elements and ‘perfectly rendered audio’ from the original soundtracks. Woot!
- 4 classic titles, Turrican, Turrican II: The Final Fight, Mega Turrican and Super Turrican in one awesome package!
- Reworked modern control scheme that streamlines the series and makes them more approachable than ever before.
- Customize your experience with shaders, wallpapers and different display options.
- Gigantic levels, heart-blazing action and huge boss fights. Suit up and prepare for mayhem!
- Rewind feature and save states allows you to take on the challenge… with some help!
- Timeless and critically acclaimed soundtracks by composer Chris Huelsbeck!
…and here’s a trailer:
Turrican Flashback is coming soon, so watch this space…