Religion rubs some people up the wrong way, so you can be sure I’m not posting this on Twitter this week. Instead, let’s gather around for a bit of news on The Pope Power and Sin.
Initially scheduled for 2020, the game is inspired by the life of Rodrigo de Borja, Pope Alexander VI from 1492-1503. Your role in the game is to ‘strengthen the authority of the Church State, fight for spiritual and political independence from pagans and the renewal of administrative church structures. The rule of Alexander VI is a torrent of numerous scandals, excesses and signs of moral corruption in the highest authorities of the Church’.
Features you can expect to see in The Pope Power and Sin include:
- Difficult times require quick, often violent decisions. Eliminate heretics who undermine your holiness.
- Unite Italy, expand territory of your power, collect taxes and obtain riches.
- Politics don’t always have to be clean; you don’t have to get along with everyone. Remember that you have God on your side, so any decision can be right.
- Collect information. Any place is good, Vatican corridors or even a confessional. Many want the power, they want to be in your place.
- Manage subordinates and, above all, take care of the family. Give them high positions and secure their future.
And a trailer:
No official release date, but you can wishlist it on Steam now. The Pope Power and Sin will also be heading to PS4 and Xbox One.