One of the games I’m most excited about in 2023 is The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo, and here’s confirmation that Meridiem Games will be publishing the point and click adventure in digital format next year on PC and consoles.
That’s actually the news – they’re publishing. In case it’s new to you, The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo is an animation opus – hand-drawn and in development by solo dev Nacho Rodriguez. It was available as a demo (and still is) during Steam Next Fest, and it was brilliant.
The goal is to help Mr. Coo in a surreal, non-sensical environment, attempting to locate his missing body parts so that he can escape. Meet giant chickens, crazy robots, and one-eyed ladies. Just a normal day for the Coo.
Key features include:
- Tons of absurd humour! Look, we’ve already told you we’ve got a giant chicken, we can’t push the machine any further…
- A surreal, enigmatic, symbolic and meaningful world, but also touchingly silly!
- Amazing hand-drawn cartoon-style 2D animation
- Quirky and lovable characters like the Giant Chicken, the Faun or the Axolotl
- An innovative take on the point & click genre
Here’s the latest trailer for The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo:
Intrigued? Give the demo a look over on Steam, but fear not, console owners: it’ll be coming to consoles in 2023. More to follow, as and when…