Check out the original release dates of these games from Daedalic Entertainment, and you’ll understand why The Dark Eye collection are deemed classics, which are no heading to consoles.
Gaming historians won’t be getting their shovels just yet – these games first came out in 2013 and just as relevant now, only they’ll be on current generation machines.
A ‘pen and paper fantasy’ RPG, this is a series of adventures set in the world of Aventuria. There are two titles here: The Dark Eye: Chain of Satinav and The Dark Eye: Memoria.
In the first title, you play a bird catcher named Geron. Appointed directly by the King, you’ve been tasked with rounding up suspicious crows. It’s a task that’s a little out of their scope and takes them on an adventure outside of Aventuria that they hadn’t anticipated.
Here’s the first trailer for The Dark Eye: Chain of Satinav:
For The Dark Eye: Memoria it’s two for the price of one as you travel through two different eras as southern princess Sadja, and the return of Geron, the protagonist from the first game – the latter looking to lift a curse from his girlfriend.
Watch the second trailer here:
Key features for both include:
- Dive into the fantastic world of Aventuria and experience epic adventures, written by experienced authors of the popular pen and paper fantasy role-playing game The Dark Eye.
- Epic fantasy soundtrack and high quality voiceover to draw you deep into the game.
- Full touchscreen support on Nintendo Switch.
- Beautifully hand-drawn 2D backgrounds and high quality 3D game characters.
- From the creators of The Whispered World and Deponia.