I wasn’t a fan of visual novels, but they’re slowly growing on me and Headup Games’ The Coma 2 Vicious Sisters is one of the few that has caught my eye.
Out later this month on the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, the game follows on from The Coma Recut.
Spoiler alert: the protagonist emerges from their coma? Having not played the original (as it’s a visual novel), I’m not familiar with it, but The Coma 2 Vicious Sisters looks intriguing.
Ok, the sentence above was a little hasty as in this sequel you play a new protagonist called Mina Park, who was in the first game.
For players like myself, there won’t be any need to play the prequel (though I will) as Mina gets thrown into the deep end immediately, evading a psychotic slasher, and no doubt clued up by NPCs.
Other than encounter strange people and even creatures, here are some of the features in The Coma 2 Vicious Sisters, courtesy of Devespresso Games:
- Fear Dark Song’s relentless pursuit to kill you, now with an all-new AI.
- Craft items to prepare for critical life-or-death situations or risk permanent injury.
- Explore the nightmarish district of Sehwa and discover its dark secrets.
- Scavenge resources to survive deadly encounters and afflictions.
- Unlock tools and upgrades to reach previously inaccessible areas.
- Hide to avoid detection and certain death. Pass challenges to conceal your location.
- Featuring vibrant, hand-illustrated in-game visuals and comic strips.
If you’re not quite hooked, do check out the trailer below. It has a certain Perseverance vibe to it, and despite its flaws, converted me to the genre a little:
Out on PS4 and Switch on the 19th June, The Coma 2 Vicious Sisters will also come to the Xbox One a little later, but no date confirmed as yet.