The Tad The Lost Explorer – Craziest and Madness Edition trailer gives the impression that this is based on a film or TV series – from the variation of setpieces alone, this appears to be a tie-in. Lo and behold, it’s based on the animated movie Tad The Lost Explorer and the Emerald Tablet. I’m a genius.
Accidentally unleashing a mysterious curse, our titular hero has to save the day, reconstructing parts of the past to reveal the secrets of the Emerald Tablet. A 2.5D adventure for the family, it resembles Captain Sabertooth and the Magic Diamond – also on the Nintendo Switch.
Here are some of the key features in The Tad The Lost Explorer – Craziest and Madness Edition:
- Journey across the globe on an epic adventure visiting 14 fantastic locations based on the movie, including Veracruz, Chicago, Paris and Cairo.
- Four player characters; Tad, Sara, Romona and . . . the Mummy, each with their own abilities to help solve the mystery.
- Jump off huge platforms, climb up buildings, reconstruct parts of the past, swim in piranha infested waters and face off against adversaries ready to thwart your plans!
- Track down locations full of puzzles and adventure, discover incredible treasures and collect all the brushes in each level.
- Battle against four challenging bosses in scenarios recreated from the movie.
- Learn more about the different cultures in the game by discovering relics hidden throughout the levels, and remember to get a souvenir stamp from each country you vist.
- Follow the adventures of Tad and his companions in fun comics you’ll find along the way, containing hidden clues and winks to the movie.
And that jam-packed trailer: