Holy crap – Sunday Gold looks really, really good. I mean really good. First impressions? A mixture of some of the new stuff during the Steam Next Fest, such as To Hell With The Ugly, Midnight Fight Express, and if you want a better reference point, Disco Elysium.
A couple of other keywords have me pushing my kids away from my desk while I watch the trailer again: point and click, and Team17. Yep, they’re publishing BKOM Studios game, and I couldn’t be more thrilled. But enough about me, how you doin’?
Fusing the almighty P&C with turn-based combat, ‘noggin’ scratching puzzles’ and set in a dystopian 2070s London, the game is an incredibly stylish comic book style inspired by artists at VOLTA. Look it up, you philistine.
Key features in Sunday Gold include:
- Atmospheric action: Immersed in the gritty and unwelcoming world of a dystopian near-future London, Sunday Gold’s story takes players into the seedy underbelly of the corrupt elite, where secrets are hidden behind every locked door
- Stylish turn-based combat: Comic book inspired sequences, specific skills, attacks, and talent trees, along with as many stolen items the trio can get their thievin’ hands on, make for a unique turn-based combat experience
- Noggin’ scratching puzzles: Explore each room and solve a combination of observation, deduction, and inventory puzzles; hunt for clues, hack terminals, and even bust down a door (or two)
- Keep your cool: In the face of dead bodies, cybernetic dogs, and psychotic billionaires even the most hardened criminals will start to lose their cool – maintaining the team’s composure with consumables and specific abilities will be key to mission success
- A trio of trouble: Frank, Sally, and Gavin make for unusual comrades, but without each of their unique abilities to lock pick, hack, and rip things open with their bare hands, the mission is doomed to fail.
Watch the trailer in awe:
Sunday Gold launches on the 13th of September on PC. Steam page below.