It’s really happening: Streets of Rage 4 release date is the 30th April, and it’s coming to the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the PC.
In the latest announcement for the game is the new Battle Mode.
Featuring eight arenas and additional options of versus and team modes, Streets of Rage 4 is in line to be a full-on hat-tipping moment to a classic franchise.
- Gorgeous hand-drawn graphics, but the option to play retro pixel characters.
- Five new characters.
- 12 unlockable characters from previous games.
- Two players online co-op, and up to 4 players locally.
- Story mode, Arcade mode, Battle mode.
- Play with the original Streets of Rage 1 & 2 soundtracks.
- Original special moves, plus Streets of Rage 3 characters can sprint.
- Distinctive soundtrack from Olivier Derivière, featuring collaborations that include Yūzō Koshiro.
Streets of Rage 4 is full of features, revamps, bells and whistles. There’s been a handful of trailers, but this is the latest Battle Mode reveal:
How long’s the wait? You’ll be delighted to hear that Streets of Rage 4 release date is the 30th April for the Switch, PS4, Xbox One and the PC. Unfortunately, it won’t be out on the Sega Mega Drive.