Summer is approaching, as is the beautiful game in Street Power Soccer – a game that oozes finesse and trick shots.
Football games are some of my favourites, but with each new release of FIFA or PES, there’s never really anything new – you can’t reinvent the game, just offer better motion capture and funky menu titles.
Or you could add a bit of street football.
FIFA Street was an alright series that featured urban play, but with Street Power Soccer, there’s a bit more rawness added.
Is that a word?
Fan of football games? I wrote a little feature on 5 football games worth playing on the Switch, go check it out.
Here’s a summary of the modes and features in Street Power Soccer:
- Become Street King: Create your own character and become the protégé of Street Legend Sean Garnier as you blow away the competition and rule the streets with your baller moves.
- Gather Your Crew: Grab your friends and unleash your street style with up to 4-player local or online party play.
- Game Modes: Explore and master all six unique game modes: Dance-like Freestyle, 3v3 Street Power matches, Trick Shot, Panna Cage Battles, Elimination and Become the Street King story mode.
- Signature Tricks and Superpowers: Play with style and stun your opponents with sick tricks like Boyka’s backflip, Liv’s around the world or Melody’s special moves. Unleash amazing superpowers and blow away the competition.
- Style Points: Customize your team with stylish street fashions, custom emotes, tattoos, and more!
- Authentic Streetstyle Culture: Play with the best Street and Freestyle players in the world including Sean Garnier, Melody Donchet, Liv Cooke, Andrew Henderson, Raquel “Freestyle” Benetti, Daniel Got Hits, JaviFreestyle and more!
- Build the Hype: Turn up the volume with hyped-up tracks from The Black-Eyed Peas, DJ Snake, Snap, and Daniel Got Hits as you take to streetstyle stages from around the world, including the official Red Bull Street Style World Championship stage.
Featuring an array of world champions and record holders, the game highlights signature freestyle moves from each of these personalities and from the trailer, looks stunning.
What’s that? You want to see a Street Power Soccer trailer? Sure:
I’d be fibbing if I said I wasn’t hyped for Street Power Soccer, which comes out in the summer on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, the Nintendo Switch and Steam.