Out now on the Switch and PS4 is podracing classic, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer.
With the Nintendo 64 now 24 years young, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer gets released for the Nintendo Switch and PS4 so that a new generation can enjoy the greatest episode in the history of Star Wars universe.
I jest, but Jar Jar Binks was something else.
Out now, the game follows the podracing sequence from Stars Wars The Phantom Menace, only with updated graphics and tighter controls.
Aspyr are behind the updated release for Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, having successfully brought back Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy to modern consoles.
Get ready to start your engines because one of the galaxy’s most dangerous races is on with the launch of Star Wars Episode l: Racer.Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr
Key features include:
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning eight unique planets including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Players can work with pit droids to upgrade their podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master lap times
- Play single-player campaigns or multiplayer via split-screen
Check out a gameplay trailer (for the Switch) below:
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer is out now on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and if you can find it, the N64.