With a 20% discount available now, the Star Horizon Switch release deserves a look for shooter fans.
Deemed an ‘on-rails space shooter’, Star Horizon is a nostalgia-inducing shoot ’em up from developers Orbital Knight.
A fast-action shooter featuring ship upgrades and a mature story with dark humour, you take on the role of John, a space-pilot working for the Inter Galactic Corporation.
Said Corporation sends out their pilots to pull the trigger on enemies as the in-built AI can’t kill (so you’re essentially expendable), but when an accident turns the AI upside down, what happens next?
Here are some of the features in Star Horizon:
- Immersive action – engage in fast-paced, exciting space battles.
- Upgrade your ship – buy upgrades and finish your enemies in multiple ways.
- Fun story – experience a mature story of a man and his AI spiced up with absurd and dark humor.
- Choices & consequences – make quick decisions – do you help your friends but fail your mission? Do you aid a space merchant and engage in a fight? The consequences of your choices alter the flow of the story.
- 256 space ships, 10 missions, 3 bosses, 16 types of equipment, 10 enemies.
Star Horizon is out now for the Nintendo Switch.