The more you find out about Sir Lovelot, the more you want to play it – least, that’s my thoughts of this precision platformer heading to consoles and PC next month.
What’s Sir Lovelot about? It’s a quest about love where the titular hero has to impress damsels that are ‘harder than a heart of stone’. You have to shower them with gifts, but expect to fight some nasties along the way. Additionally, it’s a timed affair too!
If Sir Lovelot is as witty as whoever wrote the promo material (not me), then there’s a lot to look forward to. Features include:
- Hundreds of screens with devious challenges, in over 40 handcrafted levels
- A whole arsenal of unsuspecting nasties roaming the land, plus a fire-breathing boss to round things off
- Dozens of time-slicing hidden short-cuts, secret rewards and golden eggs -> damsels really love those!
- A beautiful soundtrack by Alexander Falinski, known for his talent on Cut the Rope, LightSlinger Heroes, Tap the Frog…
- 14 languages: English, French, Dutch, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Korean, Japanese, Chinese – Traditional, Luxembourgish
- 4-6 hours of playtime on average for the first run. About twice as much for the 105% completionists out there
Here are some moving images:
Sir Lovelot is out on the 3rd of March on the PS4/5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Steam.