Say No More – a much-needed simulator needed for the workplace (and for significant others) comes to the Switch, iOS and PC soon, and it looks a lot of fun. Yes! I mean, no?
Jim Carey was someone who told you to say “Yes”, well it was Danny Wallace’s idea – he of Assassin’s Creed and Thomas Was Alone vocal talents, among others. I’m not insinuating anything – I don’t know him.
It’s good to say yes when you want to try new things, but “No” is the word we should be saying more. In the most patronising tone, it’s called being assertive – something I lack in my skillset.
But, for spineless schmucks such as myself, there’s a game to get some practice without speaking to those overrated humans: Say No More from Thunderful Games (behind the superb Lonely Mountains Downhill and Curious Expedition and Curious Expedition 2.
Say No More couldn’t be a better environment: an office internship. There are so many of us that will identify with being the errands person; doing all the menial tasks. My first two jobs I was affectionately known as the tea boy like most are, but you can say NO!
Your intern has had enough of this, and following a session with Coach, the No! Expert, the intern realises it’s time to take action. With just one simple ‘No!’, they become the office banshee and send these parasites into the ether with the power of the voice, or some handy little cassette projectiles.
Here are some of the features in Say No More, developed by Studio Fizbin:
- Single-Player One-Button-Game on Rails
- Choose how to say No!: Heated No! Cold No! Lazy No! Wacky No!
- Charge your No! for bigger effect!
- Irritate your colleagues! Laugh at them! Clap at them! Hmmm at them! Make them feel you listen to them, but sarcastically!
- Say No! in many different languages!
- Customise your character!
- Fight mean colleagues, supervisors and bosses!
- Make friends in your lunchbreak!
- Laugh out loud because this game is very funny!
- And learn to say No! more
Quite frankly, this is a game a lot of us have needed for a long time. While being away from the office during this lockdown has been quite liberating, the time will soon come where you need to go back in, armed with a No!
Here’s a trailer for Say No More:
The game will be available on the Nintendo Switch, iOS and PC. No confirmed date as yet, but you can wishlist it on Steam now.