A classic beat ’em up compilation with Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection coming to both the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch next month.
By now, you will either have played Samurai Shodown on console or recently on the PC – at the least, you’ve heard of it, right? I haven’t actually played it yet, but I’m pretty accustomed to the originals.
If you weren’t able to play these in the arcade, then the alternative for a long time was the NeoGeo. The problem was, it was so expensive, it wasn’t until the likes of the PlayStation and Dreamcast that they were more affordable.
Well, arguably the best home versions are coming to the both the PS4 and Switch in Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection, featuring a wealth of features:
- Seven SAMURAI SHODOWN games included: SAMURAI SHODOWN, SAMURAI SHODOWN II, SAMURAI SHODOWN III, SAMURAI SHODOWN IV, SAMURAI SHODOWN V, SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL AND SAMURAI SHODOWN V PERFECT (unpublished).
- Compete against players from all over the world with the online match modes.
- More than 2000 images and documents can be discovered in the museum mode.
- Discover in video unique designer interviews and professional player matches.
- Music player with over 200 audio tracks.
Was that ‘Seven Samurai’ intentional? Anyhoo, Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection is a big collection for fans of the series or anybody favouring themselves as a sam-u-rai.
Just For Games and Pix’n Love Games are behind the distribution of this retro collection. The series is synonymous with swords and one-on-ones as much as Soul Calibur or The Last Blade – the latter also a game by SNK, creators of Samurai Shodown as well as the Metal Slug collection.
Excited? Me too, so watch the trailer now, then have a cold shower:
Samurai Shodown NeoGeo collection will be available from August 31st on the Nintendo Switch and PS4.