Rigid Force Redux – an R-Type inspired side-scrolling shooter coming to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One?
Sounds good to me.
It’s actually suped-up console version of a self-published title by the developers, com8com1, when they released it back on Steam in 2018.
Now Rigid Force Redux has been overhauled with handcrafted graphics, 60FPS, new effects and UI all to the tune of a synth-wave soundtrack.
Anyone familiar with the classic shoot ’em up R-Type will be in familiar territory as you take on swarms of enemies, collecting energy orbs along the way.
Here are just a few of the features in Rigid Force Redux, courtesy of publishers Headup Games:
- Classic side-scrolling shoot ’em up action with modern 3D graphics
- Smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay
- Unique weapons and power-up systems inspired by the genre classics
- A wide variety of enemies, challenging mid-bosses and enormous end bosses
- An exciting story mode with animated cutscenes
- Six different action-packed 3D stages
- Additional Arcade and Boss Rush game modes for extended high score runs
- Adjustable difficulty levels — for beginners to shmup masters
- Improved UI and visuals, including a brand new character design by Manga Artist Damurushi
- Leaderboards and 40 unlockable achievements with brand-new full-screen illustrations
- Original synthwave soundtrack by DREAMTIME featuring Michael Chait
I suppose one of the best ways to sell it (if the above isn’t tempting enough!) is the trailer:
Rigid Force Redux is coming soon to the Switch and Xbox One and looking forward to seeing it in action.