Released on the PC almost 4 years ago, Redout can be best described as a high-octane racing game with F-Zero and Wipeout influences. With over 30 tracks and 24 different customisable vehicles, there’s a lot on offer for the title and with the addition of a physical release, there’s a few more goodies to check out.
The features of the game can be seen in the list below, courtesy of Nicalis:
- Over 100 events in the single-player Career Mode to race, gain experience, level up and upgrade your ship
- 30 tracks in 6 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth and Jupiter’s moon Europa, plus boss circuits
- 10+ event types, from classic Race to innovative Arena Race and Score-Based Endurance
- 6 racing teams, each requiring a different driving style, and 4 increasingly fast racing classes
- 24 different customizable vehicles, each with 10 different liveries and more than 20 different color schemes
- 10+ racing-focused, upgradable power-ups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drones, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers and more
- Online multiplayer races and global leaderboards tracking record times in multiple race modes
When it’s released, the first 1,000 physical copies sold directly from the publisher, Nicalis, will feature a mini-CD soundtrack sampler featuring the same original upbeat tracks from Redout. Be advised that this is based on pre-ordering direct from Nicalis’ Online Store, however.
Redout’s physical release will be on 27th March.