Prince of Persia The Sands of Time gets a remake for the PS4, Xbox One and PC, coming out in January 2021.
I’m not sure if I’ve got my priorities right, but I’ve seen the Jake Gyllenhaal movie twice, but haven’t played the original – well, the original on the x286 counts, right? Anyway, I have this on PS3 but haven’t booted it up so likely to play the new one when out.
With a 92 Metacritic score, Prince of Persia The Sands of Time is a fan favourite, so time for a Ubisoft reboot? You play the young Prince as he takes on Vizier and to return the Sands to the hourglass.
Featuring a complete overhaul from the ground up with the Anvil engine(?), there’ll be ‘rebuilt textures, contrasted lightings for strong atmospheres, and new cinematics’.
So Prince of Persia The Sands of Time sounds more like a remaster such as Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning than a remake such as Final Fantasy VII Remake. Either way, it looks a good one, and if you’re affiliated with the original and think this is sacrilege, you don’t have to buy it.
Here are the known features thus far for Prince of Persia The Sands of Time:
- A CLASSIC REBORN: Experience the original epic tale of the Prince on his journey for redemption. Travel back in time with the return of the Prince’s original voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal.
- REIMAGINED FOR TODAY: Fight new enemy character models and enjoy entirely new cinematic sequences along with enhanced voices, sounds, parkour animations, and soundtrack.
- WIELD THE POWER OF TIME: Master the Sands of Time and use your dagger to reverse, accelerate, freeze, and slow time itself while solving puzzles along the way.
- BREATHTAKING GRAPHICAL UPDATES: Immerse yourself in ancient Persia with more realistic graphics, pre-baked rendering, and VFX as you fight cursed enemies along your journey.
- MODERNISED CONTROLS: Camera, controls, and combat have been completely rebuilt and updated for todays standards. Choose between the original or modernised mapping.
- EXPAND YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH BONUSES: Unlock Prince of Persia, the original game from 1989(’92 Mac version) along your adventure. Access it from main menu whenever you want. And more surprises await!
There’s a pre-order bonus available which will grant the people with cash to splash additional in-game content such as the original outfit for the Prince, original weapon set, and a classic screen filter to give an ‘old-school feeling’.
Trailer time? At the time of writing, this has 16k thumbs down!
Out in January 2021, Prince of Persia The Sands of Time will be available for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.