Popular on the PC, Paratopic has now been ported to the Nintendo Switch to put the heebie-jeebies into you.
Who’d ever have thought that the Nintendo would have so many horror titles? I remember, back in the day, when Mortal Kombat didn’t have any blood and that Night Trap would never see the light of day. Well…
Paratopic is an award-winning horror title from Arbitrary Metric that spices up the genre with some experimental cinema. That last bit has totally lured me in.
Features in Paratopic include:
- A narrative-driven horror-tinged adventure game that takes you on a journey through a cruel fever dream world.
- Cut between numerous detailed and varied vignettes to unravel how the stories of three separate characters intersect.
- Explore the detritus of forbidden industry, kill, drive through the night, find yourself in conversation with some very off-kilter individuals.
- A leisurely playthrough should take forty-five minutes, give or take, with plenty more to discover in the detailed, grimy low polygon environments. Or speedrun it, if you’d prefer.
- Over an hour of gorgeous dark ambient music is used to create our subtly dynamic soundscape. An anachronistic blend of modern and outdated production as glitches and textural pads meet synthesis & sampling akin to 1990s Unreal Engine soundtracks.
- Playable both in TV and handheld mode, experience a short-story masterpiece and enjoy the story anywhere. Take the horror with you.
Here’s a trailer (from the Definitive Cut for the PC):
Paratopic is out now on the Nintendo Switch.