A new anti-gravity racing title called Pacer, hits the PS4, Xbox One and PC next month.
Any futuristic racer will ultimately be compared to Wipeout or perhaps F-Zero, but developers take note – this is a big compliment as these defined the genre for many gamers. Only recently did I write a review on the excellent Lost Wing which bore a resemblance to these titles, but had its own flair to it.
Pacer will immediately fit into that mould set by the above-mentioned benchmarks, and you know what? It looks excellent and will not only fill the void the other titles have left behind but maybe challenge them for the crown?
From R8 Games, this anti-gravity racer boasts up to 10 players via online multiplayer, or if you think people are overrated, play by yourself with plenty of single-player modes.
Core features include:
- Highly customisable craft – choose from five craft types, then head to the garage to fully customise your look, performance tuning and weaponry
- Race the world – with 14 unique and challenging tracks with interchangeable variants (Night, Mirrored, Reverse) giving up to 8 different ways to race any given circuit
- Choose your mode – with 8 game modes including Elimination, Endurance and PACER’s unique ‘Flowmentum’ and Battle Royale inspired ‘Storm’ modes.
- Campaign mode – develop from a trainee Pilot and advance through 10 unique race teams to become the PACER world champion.
- OST – featuring original tracks created by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE
- Optimised for Online – with 10 player multiplayer, Online Ranked Mode to see how you compete against the best in the world and Online Tournament/Spectator Mode for easy streaming and fun events at all levels
PACER is the fastest and most explosive game of its kind and we’re super proud as it prepares for the start line… Whether you’re into single player campaign play or inviting all your friends for multiplayer mayhem, it’s all here. Or if you’re daring and like a challenge, try our thrilling Battle Royale inspired mode, ‘Storm’.Steve Iles, Senior Producer, PACER
With futuristic vistas to gawp at, customisable ships and the cheapest way of getting a facelift with the intense speeds on offer, Pacer is one to watch, and there’s not long to wait.
Here’s a trailer:
Grab your copy of Pacer from the 17th of September – available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam.