Available on Steam Early Access is Ostranauts, a noir spaceship-sim set in…space, where you control the story as the captain of the ship.
Do we have launch already? That’s right, only recently was there a news piece on Ostranauts and today I’m pleased to say it’s in Early Access stage now on Steam.
In case you missed or haven’t read the piece, the game is set in space where your captaincy skills are put to the test by hiring the right crew, salvaging and selling salvage and ensuring survival in a dystopian universe.
You’re in control of the story in this one-of-a-kind spaceship where the captain ‘manage their rag-tag crew’s physical and emotional needs, whilst keeping their junker of a ship from falling apart’. The threat of bankruptcy is just one of the very many threats in the game.
Ostranauts Early Access features include:
What can players expect in the first wave of Early Access:
- Assume the role of captain repairing your spaceship to get it ready for dust off
- Starting on shipbreaker career – salvaging from derelict ships around K-Leg station to get their junker ready to fly
- Socialising with NPCs
- Fly to different worlds completing tasks, get more tools for characters and parts for the ship
- Encounter a variety of ship types, makes and models
- Combat elements – space battle and hand to hand
- Meeting with other ships – possible hostile encounters (you never know who to trust)
Here’s a trailer of the game featuring The Expanse star Dominique Tipper, who has an additional video on her thoughts about the game here.
Ostranauts is out now in Early Access on Steam.