With renowned exorcist Padre Alexander at the helm, it’s your job to declare war on the forces of evil in this fast-paced rogue-lite, that features ‘strategic base defence phases’.
A top-down, twin-stick shooter, One Shell Straight To Hell tells the story of Alexander as he assists the Halliwell family, gatekeepers of an entrance to hell. Unfortunately, someone was caught with their pants down as the evil has been released.
Set over many dungeons, they intensify as you progress with demonic enemies and waves of satanic hordes. Aside from an arsenal to die for, you can lay traps too.
Keys features in One Shell Straight To Hell include:
- A refreshing blend of gaming styles: dungeon-crawling shooter meets tower defence with strong roguelite element providing replay-ability – it’s all about fast-paced action and challenging combinations of weaponry and enemies.
- Engaging gameplay meets compelling storylines, The Padre’s bad attitude and comedic timing make him a memorable character to engage with.
- The Voxel Art style of One Shell Straight to Hell pays tribute to an age of gaming – creating a stylish re-imagining of the horror classics.
- Base defence sessions. When not busy dungeon-crawling, Padre Alexander will have to defend the mansion from hordes of enemies building traps, global enchantments, and powerups.
- Perplexing monsters- Ranging from the possessed kitchen drawer to drunken long-dead pirate captains and, I almost forgot, demons… a lot of demons.
- Regular weapons using varieties of ammunition, holy weapons drawing on your faith and unholy weapons craving for your blood.
- Skill tree that makes you stronger and adds to the strategy.
- Randomly generated ‘dungeon’ maps.
- And more crazy absurd stuff!
Check out the video here:
One Shell Straight To Hell is out on February the 9th, launching with the crossover DLC One Shell Straight To Hell X Layers Of Fear, from the ‘creepy hallways of Bloober Team’, free on the day!