Heading for an open beta next week, Nongunz Doppelganger Edition, built from the ground up with new features.
Quite possibly one of the best animation sequences I’ve seen in a game of late that deserves its own spin-off show, Nongunz Doppelganger Edition open beta is out next week, ending on the 10th of August.
From Brainwash Gang (Twitter link) and published by Digerati, the game is a ‘nihilistic action-platformer’ and doesn’t want to associate itself with typical roguelikes, instead, it’s a nihilistic experience throughout.
This edition has been built from the ground up, featuring a new arena mode and co-op option too.
Core features in Nongunz Doppelganger Edition include:
- Unforgiving gameplay that will challenge both your skill and your wits
- The whole game is a riddle. Unveil the mystery behind the nihilistic universe of Nongünz
- Beautifully crafted black and white pixel environments and characters
- Hundreds of levels plagued with dozens of different enemies
- Many weapons, items and equipment to unlock and master
- The potential to change your perception about existence, violence and mankind
- New for the Doppelganger Edition! Join forces with your double in Local Co-op mode
- New for the Doppelganger Edition! Survive an eternity of enemies in Arena mode.
As the world of Nongunz evolves, meet special characters that will inhabit your graveyard: praying cultists, self-scourging martyrs, somber gravediggers… which will either help widen your killing skills or improve the performance of the insidious idle game built around the graveyard
Watch the trailer (and amazing animation sequence) below:
You can apply for the beta by completing the form by Digerati.
Nongunz Doppelganger Edition is heading to Steam, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One for Q3 2020.