This is no slur: No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 are out on the Nintendo Switch today as a surprise launch from Marvelous Games! No doubt you have the third instalment in your wishlist like me, but this is a pleasant surprise.
In No More Heroes, you play Travis Touchdown: ranked #11 in the United Assassins Association and is ready to challenge for the top ten with his trusty beam katana (no trademarks trod on here).
A game by the infamous Suda51, this was a classic on the Nintendo Wii, with one of the most ominous recharge scenes ever on a Nintendo. Key features in No More Heroes include:
- Burn rubber through the coastal city of Santa Destroy on Travis’ motorbike, the Schpeltiger!
- Unlock a devastating arsenal of pro-wrestling moves—from Power Bombs to Brain Busters.
- Unleash the powerful Dark Side to mow down the competition and show ’em who’s boss!
In No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, we rejoin Travis Touchdown three years after he was ranked #1 (spoiler!) and now finds himself at #51 (get the reference?). Fellow assassin Helter Skelter is hot on his heels and wants revenge for his brother’s death.
Key Features in this include:
- Dual-wield beam katanas as Travis Touchdown to dial the hack-and-slash insanity up to 11!
- Jump through combat as the agile Shinobu or leave foes in the dust as Travis’ brother, Henry.
- Experience a blast from the past by playing 8-bit minigames to earn money and power up!
Check out the news in the recent Nintendo Direct:
This announcement caught me with my trousers down (no further comment), as I’m sure it did you too. There’s no need to wait as you can snap both No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 now on the Nintendo eShop!