Budding filmmakers need not focus on learning the ins and outs of Adobe Premiere – just be a full-out filmmaker in Moviehouse – The Film Studio Tycoon and ‘create the flicks you’ve always dreamed of!’. That’s the logline; let’s find out more.
From Odyssey Studios and Assemble Entertainment, this filmmaking management simulator will be heading to PC and Mac next month. Inspired by Peter ‘Populous‘ Molyneux’s The Movies, players will write, produce and direct indie movies, eventually moving on to Hollywood’s biggest hits!
Moviehouse – The Film Studio Tycoon starts in the 80s with its neon and hairspray, moving through to current-day CGI, an award-winning storyline, and perhaps some roasting from Ricky Gervais once you’ve made it? Key features include:
- That’s Showbiz, Baby!: Compete in the glamorous Industry Awards showcase, vying for multiple titles including best feature film, and set your sights on winning the coveted golden clapper
- The Tides of Change: As the decades pass, both your team and your equipment will improve. Starting off with a small amateur cast and rudimentary equipment, the studio and all those a part of it will mature and hone their skills, while new updates in technology and filming techniques grant the ability for better filmmaking!
- Assemble the Dream Team: Hire directors and writers and build up their creative skills, nurturing their creative prowess. A good crew in itself can turn casual viewers into diehard fans!
- Hit the Festival Circuit – Showcase your movie in film festivals to build buzz, gain accolades, and garner critical success
- An Eye for Filmmaking – Make a spy flick, a romantic comedy, a bloody slasher, or something entirely different. You’ve got the film-making tools at your fingertips, so it’s all up to you!
Here’s a recent trailer:
Moviehouse – The Film Studio Tycoon will be with us on PC (Steam and GOG), plus the Mac, from the 5th of April, 2023.