Now would be a good time to let you know what the game is about, so if you’re looking for a new digital title, what can you expect with Monstrum?
Monstrum, developed by Junkfish, is a survival horror game located on an abandoned cargo ship. It’s a first-person conundrum where you have to outwit your pursuers: a terrifying predator, each with their our signature ‘scare the crap out of you’ surprises.
Taking one look at the trailer details how the use of lighting can make an already tight space feel even more claustrophobic and eerie. Add to the mix procedurally generated environments and permadeath, and you can be sure your mum/mom will have her work cut out for her, washing your undergarments.
- Emphasis on survival, what else can you expect to see in Monstrum?
- Survive a changing environment and monster with each new game.
- Use whatever you can find to outwit the monsters and escape the ship.
- Hide, distract, and run, but be careful not to fall into the numerous traps.
- Death is permanent. Try to stay alive or you’ll have to start all over again.
Check out the trailer below:
No official date has been confirmed for Monstrum yet, but SOEDESCO will no doubt be giving an update on the digital release in due course.