Playing as Misha, you’re stuck in a dead-end job until an early crush returns to town. This is the catalyst for a group of friends to get back together and rebuild bridges, but there’s a history that threatens this reunion.
In some ways a coming of age story, slightly reversed, it’s about coming to terms with adulthood by accepting the past and moving on. Know By Heart is set in a quiet Russian town where ‘echoes of the Soviet era can still be seen and heard’.
A somewhat brief adventure, the game features many atmospheric mini-games, and each gaming element from the story through to the music plays an important role in this tale of friendship and moving on with one’s life.
- ~5 hours of sentimental adventure
- The atmosphere of a post-Soviet provincial town at the turn of the century
- An emotional plot with non-linear elements and several endings
- Game mechanics representing thoughts and memories of the protagonist
- A collection of evocative mini-games
- Piano soundtrack composed in modern neoclassical style
How about a trailer?
Know By Heart is scheduled for a released on PC in Q2 2021.