Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning has been announced for September; a superb RPG from a creative trio worth shouting about. Earth, Wind and Fire. Ok, not those three.
We all know about the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, right? If you missed out on this the first time around, it would have to be classed as one of the best RPG’s that graced the PS3.
There was quite a lot of hype around the time as it was based on work of bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Todd “Spawn” McFarlane and Ken Rolston, creator of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
Not the biggest fan of the genre, I was didn’t hesitate to snap it up and got a copy of it when it first came out. I recall it being relatively hard to find at first – and surprisingly cheap!
Well, Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning from THQ Nordic is scheduled for September and will be coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Even if nothing it’s a straight port without any extras, it’s a worthy addition for any fan of RPGs and third-person action adventures.
If Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning is anything like the original (obviously it will be), be prepared to be wowed at how big the world of Rathir is, and the seemingly endless customisation of the appearance of each character and have them adapt to your own playing style.
Hell, I’m seriously going to boot this up on the PS3 this weekend – it’s such a great game.
Instead of reinventing the wheel, here are the features in Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning:
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore
- Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy – all central to the primary mission
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death
- Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having “more content than any single-player game deserves!”
- Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning
Already announced is a new expansion, Fatesworn, due for release in 2021. Here’s a cinematic trailer:
Out this September, Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning is definitely one to watch, and I, for sure, will be buying again.