Coming next month, Kandagawa Jet Girls – a modern spin on jet ski racing for the PS4 and Steam.
Not since Wave Race 64 have I been so longing for a new title into this always overlooked sub-genre. I’m not remotely interested in jet skis, but the latter was such an enjoyable title, that there’s bound to be a market for a new title.
Add some bikini-clad anime girls, and you have Kandagawa Jet Girls – a future rendition of the sport that has evolved with two contenders: the jetter and the shooter.
The jetter is understandably the person behind the controls, ensuring they weave in and out of the hostilities scattered around the narrow courses, while the shooter aims (heh) to disable their opponents jet ski by shooting at it.
Unlike its peers, Kandagawa Jet Girls has a story mode as you experience the journey of Rin Namiki who wants to follow the illustrious career path of the jetter, like her mother. Teaming up with shooter Misa Aoi, the best combo since tiger and uppercut is formed, and the racing brings.
Aside from the story are the various game modes made up of offline racing in Free Mode, Time Attack and Quick Race, for up to four players, plus a wealth of mini-games.
And, as you’d expect with a Marvelous title, there are even more bonuses as you can customise the characters, vehicles, some special effects, but more importantly: fine-tune the jet ski.
A game by Honey Parade Games – of Senran Kagaura fame (characters will make a DLC appearance here), you can be sure of the following features:
- Experience the journey of Jet Racers: Enjoy the story of Rin Namiki and her new-found team-mate Misa Aoi as they learn the thrills of what it means to be a Jet Racer in this harshly competitive world. Encounter new friends, make new rivals, but most of all compete to be the best Jet Racer within Japan.
- Multiple Playable Characters: Seven teams, seven Jet Skis and fourteen different characters will be playable; with each Character and Jet Ski being interchangeable and selectable in offline and online gameplay modes. Choose your favourite characters and race to victory.
- The Fun of Water Guns: SHOOTERS on each team can use one of many different water-based weapons including Dual Handguns, Gatling Gun, Sniper Rifle and Missile Launcher. Each weapon also has their own unique firing style and cool-down; so choose wisely.
- In-Depth Customisation: Dress up your character in more than 60 outfits, and customise the Jet Ski with over 50 machine parts, to express your passion for the sport and to gain the attention of your rivals.
- Mini-Games Galore: Trying to be the best at Jet Racing can be tiresome; so relax with four fun-filled mini-games that will help train the body and soul.
- Ryōbi and Ryōna from SENRAN KAGAURA are here: The infamous sisters Ryōbi and Ryōna will be included as playable characters in Kandagawa Jet Girls on the PlayStation 4.
Here’s the game in action:
Out for PS4 and Steam on the 25th August offering both a standard and deluxe edition, Kandagawa Jet Girls can be purchases from the respective stores.