Aargghh! There’s an announcement today that Immortal Realms Vampire Wars will be out for the PlayStation 4 this August.
Why the opening ‘aargghh’?
There are two elements to the game that I have a bit of a weakness for: real-time strategy and vampires.
On a self-made ban for some years now, I avoid RTS-type games due to commitments as a parent and pillar of the community.
The last one is made up.
Just looking at the development diary that was released today looks awesome and I’m getting the taste for blood around my chops.
Immortal Realms Vampire Wars is the battle between humans and vampires; the latter made up of the three clans; Dracul, Moroia and Nosfernus.
The Moira clan were omitted from this draft. Shame as they were badass.
But we want features, what makes this game different?
- The truth unfolds: Discover the secrets of Nemire, and experience an enthralling story spanning across 12 meticulously crafted missions and four unique environments, from the perspective of four mighty vampire lords, each with their own goals and agendas.
- Discover the bloodlines: Command one of three unique vampire clans with distinctive units, powers, gameplay mechanics and characters. Play as the bloodthirsty Dracul, the ancient Nosfernus or the mystical Moroia
- Vampiric powers: Powerful spells and abilities enhance the gameplay and provide a refreshing take on the genre. Each clan and vampire lord has access to their own set of abilities, which can be synergized into powerful combinations.
- Strategy & tactics: Command legendary armies, recruit new units and unlock crucial technologies in the strategic Kingdom mode, and put tactical skills to the test in the action-packed Combat mode.
- Varied content: Choose from three different gameplay modes: the story-driven Campaign, the open-world Sandbox, and the hard-fought Skirmish.
Ever since seeing the film Dracula Untold, I’ve always secretly hoped for a military-based vampire game.
It looks like someone tapped my calls after all.
Immortal Realms Vampire Wars is out on PS4, Xbox One, Switch(!) and PC on the 28th of August 2020.