Be part of a cult in Honey, I Joined a Cult – a cult management simulator coming to Steam. How many times will you see ‘cult’ in this piece?
Ever felt the need to start your own cult? If you’re a streamer or YouTuber, chances are you’ve got a following already, so what does it take to get them to drink the Kool-Aid?
For years, I thought Kool-Aid was anti-freeze or something. We don’t have it in Blighty, so it wasn’t until an episode of Family Guy that I realised it’s an actual living person that crashes through walls.
Honey, I Joined a Cult is the latest offering from Team17 in partnership with developers Sole Survivor Games. It’s a 1970s management simulator with The Escapists feel to it, where you get to work on your own cult, ‘recruiting new followers and acolytes, designing the layout of their groovy headquarters, and growing their influence to make the organisation as successful as possible’.
Having just finished The Umbrella Academy Season 2, I can see the many benefits of starting my own cult, so why not one that I have 100% control over?
Deal with the leader’s increasing ego, or visitors from the press (damn them!) wanting to investigate what happens behind the walls of your new ‘family’.
Key features in Honey, I Joined a Cult include:
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists and followers to maintain the organisation’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow its money and influence.
- Build freaky deaky bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms.
- Overcome groovy missions and challenges: Complete missions to unlock resources or fulfil the leader’s demands to keep their ego in check.
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from nosey journalists, oppressive government bodies, and rival heretical cults.
- Get down with deities: The player’s choice of the cult’s focus of worship affects the wider tech tree, as well as the missions and unlocks available.
Here’s a cultish trailer for you to peruse:
Honey, I Joined a Cult doesn’t have a release date just yet, but you can wishlist it over on Steam now.