Space adventures aren’t usually my cup of tea, but having played and reviewed Tharsis recently, I could be persuaded to future adventures.
An incident labelled The Merge has set off a chain of unholy events, and you have been sent to investigate it – a creation of the cryptic Author.
Hellpoint is teased as:
…a badass dark sci-fantasy universe that players will love to immerse themselves into, with an intoxicating atmosphere, unsettling soundscape and ever more bizarre case of characters and creatures.
A third-person experience, you explore the many areas of the Irid Novo in Hellpoint, picking up a variety of melee and ranged weapons, along with armour sets.
- A souls-like combat system.
- Weapon upgrades through special conductor chips.
- The more damage inflicted with weapons, the likelihood of unlocking unique abilities for its kind.
- Mini-bosses that patrol and area and the spawning of hordes of enemies increase the chances of the station being invaded.
- Split-screen for multiplayer.
- Shared loot.
- The entirety of the game can be played in co-op.
- The online multiplayer is for all platforms.
Best start making friends now as it’s not out just yet, but Steam users can already play a free chapter.
Check out the trailer below: