Starting on a weird note as this news piece isn’t exactly gaming, but…gaming related: Hello Neighbor is getting an animated series – the popular survival game published by tinyBuild.
Initially released in 2017 on the PC and Xbox One, Hello Neighbor is a survival horror game with a heavy reliance on stealth tactics. Think Resident Evil, only you have one threat – and a genuine one: your neighbour (note the correct spelling).
The Hello Neighbor animated series is like a coming of age story of a bunch of kids, led by Nicky, who investigates the disappearance of the kids in their community – with one of the neighbours being the prime suspect. Think The Goonies, Stand By Me and The Burbs. Showing my age, eh?
However, nothing is set in stone just yet as a six-minute pilot is heading our way this week. The Hello Neighbor animated series is available on Friday the 17th April at 10 am PST (Seattle/Los Angeles time), so Google your timezones and be ready.
In the meantime, here are some interesting facts, courtesy of tinyBuild:
- The story for the animated series was written by Carly Anne West, author of four Hello Neighbor book adaptations (2M+ copies sold), with the series being produced by Jon Carnage, ex-Director of Programming at Twitch
- Animation for the series was created by Animasia Studio, best known its work with Cartoon Network
- tinyBuild is the first video game publisher to utilize the YouTube Community Subscription format, offering perks and bonuses for paid subscribers (the pilot episode will be available for free)
- An extended 20-minute version of the first episode will also be available to paid subscribers, with additional interviews and behind-the-scenes footage included.
- The 6-minute pilot will be used to not only bring in fans but attract interest from established studios
- The Hello Neighbor franchise has recently hit 30M downloads
Remember the live scheduling mentioned above and set a reminder for Hello Neighbor animated series via YouTube like I just did.