Out now on PC, Griefhelm is a hack and slash duelling title that relies on tactical combat, set in a medieval era.
Developed by Johnny Dale Lonack and through Thorrnet Publishing, this is an award-winning game of skewering enemies, deflecting blows and overcoming your opponents in fast-paced duels.
The hack and slash reference only refers to the action and not the genre as Griefhelm relies on a strategic approach, not a button masher. In this case, expect a side-scrolling For Honor comparison that features well over 500 narrative responses in the campaign mode.
Choose from over four factions: he Flames of Thorny Mountain, First Comet Alliance, The Brilliant Dawn Corps and the Order of the Emerald Scale – all have their allegiances and relevant histories with one another and can be called upon in the multiplayer mode for up to four players.
Core features in Griefhelm include:
- Master fast, white-knuckle combat using a wide arsenal of medieval weaponry including long swords, flails and spears.
- Use torches and flame weapons to set fire to your opponents or take to horse back for a tactical advantage as your enemies attack.
- Challenge a dynamic, replayable campaign and claim your reward in Griefhelm.
- Battle with or against your friends with online matchmaking.
- Slay on the same couch with up to 4 people in local multiplayer.
- Visually striking art style and hand crafted environments bring the world of Griefhelm to life.
Below is the announcement trailer, showcasing the brutal combat:
Griefhelm is available on Steam now.