And what is this ‘Gord‘ thing in front of us? Let’s cut to the chase and check in with Stan Just, the CEO of Covenant.dev – developers of this upcoming dark fantasy, which is to be published by Team17.
It made sense to start with the walkthrough rather than plaster the words for you to skim, but if you’re still here after watching the video or that chap next to you on the train keeps giving you dirty looks for watching moving images on a moving train, then check out the features:
- Dark Fantasy Strategy: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy, real-time strategy campaign
- Build and Survive: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique Sanity System: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-Crafted Quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Unleash Powerful Incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells to tip combat in your favour, each with custom animations
- Custom Scenarios with Procedurally Generated Levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!
In reality, it’s a bit late, and I didn’t have it in me to rewrite the rather excellent press material for Gord, which clearly states what to expect. I suppose the next thing would be to confirm the release date, but it’s ‘coming soon’.
My suggestion? Wishlist Gord on Steam now so you don’t miss out. This looks ace!