- Easy Japanesey 2 Switch Review – Touchy, Feely, Japanesey
- Calico: Pawsome Edition PS5 Review – A Cat Café Life Sim? Now Meow We’re Talking
- Pixel Cafe Is A Charming Fast-Paced Simulator That Somehow Promotes A Chill Vibe
- How 10 Of These Amazing Female Video Game Characters Won Over This Guy’s Heart
- Curses! Jujustu Kaisen: Cursed Clash Isn’t Out Until Next Year!
If you want a quick crash course into what this title is about, for you oldies and retro fans, think Smash TV, for fresher faces, an isometric brutal rogue-lite. Alas, it’s not that social media simulator you were after – you have to put in the hours manually for that one.
The Smash TV reference is an easy one to do, but you’ll note from my preview from last year that I felt it was better than the classic shooter. Yeah, that’s right, watcha gonna do ’bout it?
You’re thrown into an arena and have to fight your way out with any weapon you find, but also manipulate the environment for a quick kill. That doesn’t mean summoning a rain cloud but shunting a grunt into a spike or two. The more carnage you create, the more fans you get, and as we all know: popularity means prizes.
What makes Gone Viral so damn fun, other than flaunting your violent tendencies, is the way the game adapts to your playstyle. If you steam through each area, you’ll attract the speedrunner fans, take your time and do some heavier damage and the type of audience shifts again. The result is unlocking new gear for your next run.
And you’ll be running again and again, with each experience different to the last. Enough with the pitch, here’s a Gone Viral vid:
Gone Viral is outta Early Access, so if you buy it before the 7th of September, there’ll be a 30% launch discount.