If you’re one of those gamers who likes to relive the golden age with retro gaming, perhaps the GTA 2-inspired Glitchpunk may quench your thirst?
- I Wish My Eyes Had Lasers. Boom! Done
- Fix This! Gas Station Simulator Update On The Case
- Gas Station Simulator Tips
- Calling All Demigods: Astria Ascending Out This Month
Launching in Early Access, this cyberpunk dystopia from Dark Lord and Daedalic Entertainment gives a knowing glance to the games of the 90s as it’s a top-down action title where anything goes. Well, you can play it out that way, but don’t be surprised if the cops or numerous factions are in pursuit.
Glitchpunk Early Access takes place in New Baltia, with other cities such as Outpost Texas will follow in due course. You’ll be brawling, shooting, driving, sneaking, stealing and more in a story about transhumanism, xenophobia and religion. If you had the chance to play the demo on Steam, you’d have an idea.
You play as an android in Glitchpunk, working for various gangs to complete a number of tasks that go against your programming and allowing for your development. This can include learning new stealth abilities, hacking, and becoming pretty apt with a firearm.
Key features in the game include:
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allowing players to control the minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- Four different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter (New Baltia at Early Access launch, Outpost Texas 3 to 4 weeks post-launch, and two more to come!)
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials
Here’s the latest Glitchpunk Early Access reveal trailer:
Glitchpunk Early Access will launch on Steam from the 11th of August with the first map, New Baltia, and the Outpost Texas area will unlock approximately three to four weeks later.