There’ll be a lot of smug looks at this title based on a certain triple-A release, but Glitchpunk is a GTA 2-like title from the marvellous Dadealic Entertainment and (no doubt equally marvellous), Dark Lord. Not the Dark Lord.
Set in a dystopian future, this is a top-down action game where you have to ‘shoot, brawl, drive, steal yourself through a neon-soaked world full of gangs and cults, forging cooperations along the way’.
Key features in Glitchpunk are:
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allows players to control minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- 4 different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials
Here’s a glimpse of the game in action:
The best part of this news piece isn’t necessarily the end, but confirmation that a demo of Glitchpunk will be available from Steam on the 3rd of February – yay!