Stop mucking around and get yourself Liberated on the Switch next month.
A smart opener that is, because that’s the name of the game.
The game has accumulated some great reviews already:
- Early Review Scores – Pixel (80%), CD-Action (8/10) and PSX Extreme (8/10)
- NAVGTR – Pax West Best in Show – Winner 2019
- Pixel Award Europe – Best Art, Best Narrative, Best Design, Indie Grand Prix, Warsaw Excellence – Winner 2019
- SXSW Pitch Competition – Best Game – Finalist 2019
- Nordic Game Discovery Contest – Finalist 2019
- IndieCade Spotlight Award – Narrative Design – Nominee 2019
- Famitsu TGS Indie Prize – Nominee 2019
- Game Connection Development Awards – Best Console / PC Game, Best Casual Game, Best Storytelling, Best Quality of Art, Most Promising IP – Nominee 2019
These accolades are a testament to an exciting approach to the interactive graphic novel and as a non-comic book person, but someone who appreciates the art, Liberated immediately climbs up the most wanted list.
We hope that with Liberated we will give a second life to comic book and graphic novel genres, using technology to bring them into a new era of interactive storytelling.Piotr Gnyp, head of BizDev at Walkabout
As for gameplay, you will be able to switch between action, stealth and puzzles – all depicted through the use of comic strip panels.
Already the themes sound like those from 1984 or perhaps V for Vendetta, which is a huge compliment.
Liberated comes out on the Nintendo Switch on the 2nd of June.