Fly Punch Boom! Before going any further, before clicking on the link to the trailer, I was sold on the title. Not in the slightest expecting this to be a game about Solitare, this is, in fact, a beat ’em up heading to the Switch and PC.
From Jollypunch Games, Fly Punch Boom! is an over-the-top anime-type beat ’em up that features four players battling it out against one another with fatalities that include breaking a planet in half, expect something quite extravagant.
The trailer looks good and all, but it’s essentially an intro for a couple of the characters and could be deemed more of a teaser. However, there’s currently a free trial edition on Steam called Fly Punch Boom: First Impact!
Emphasis again on over-the-top.
As Fly Punch Boom! is currently in development, there’s not too much else to say that isn’t already covered by Jollypunch Games in their features list:
- Local and online multiplayer, up to 4 players local & 2 online
- Arcade mode, unlockables and secrets for solo players
- Destructible stages where everything is a trap and everything is a weapon!
- Anime super fights with flying smashes, deformed faces and insane special moves
- 40 stage fatalities: get mauled by cats, break the planet in half, or explode in the moon’s butt!
- High impact cartoon graphics that zoom from space to a character’s face
- Kickass anime soundtrack by Giorgiost
No release date has been confirmed, but you can try the Steam trial version now.