A standout thumbnail on my Steam wishlist, Eastward has been lounging in my ‘to-do’ list for some time. After seeing it on Game Pass, I downloaded it but have been preoccupied with Starfield like everyone else. Perhaps this Octopia DLC may persuade me to make a start on the popular RPG.
Developed by Pixpil and published by Chucklefish, this expansion follows Sam and John as they begin farming on a remote mountainside village in a world parallel to Eastward, allowing them to focus on neglected crops, tend to livestock, and unleash their culinary creativity.
Key features in Eastward: Octopia DLC include:
- Help Sam & John lead a peaceful new life in the countryside – no miasma, no hardships, just happy times in a parallel universe
- Revitalise a neglected farmstead; grow crops, rear animals, forage in the wetlands, talk to ghosts, and spend your nights casting your line in the local fishing holes
- Construct and upgrade stores and homes to restore Seagull Town into a thriving community
- As the town begins to flourish, more familiar faces will flock to the area – some may even stay for good!
- Using farm-fresh ingredients and John’s Cookbook, create recipes and whip up delicious culinary delights to share with your neighbours
- 15-20 hours of pixel perfect gameplay
- Playable in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
Watch the trailer below:
Quick disclaimer: you need to own the base game to play Eastward: Octopia DLC. It will release on Steam and the Nintendo Switch this Winter.