Ack! This was supposed to be a news piece last week, but it’s been a very prosperous week or so of decent gaming. This bit is about Dysmantle, currently on GOG As In Development.
This In Development title currently offers 10-20 hours of post-apocalyptic entertainment. A title can rarely be so bubbly for something that happens after the apocalypse, but so far, so food.
The reception on Steam has been overwhelmingly good. We also have a record number of views from streamers and this is our fastest-selling. With this release today we hope to bring post-apocalypse to even more players.Tero Alatalo, Lead Developer
The version of Dysmantle that we currently see on GOG is roughly one-third of the finished game, featuring the following:
- Break over 99% of all objects for materials with the right tools. No barrier will stop you.
- Fight with (or run away) nasty and vile creatures of the post-apocalyptic era.
- Explore the handcrafted open world and uncover its mysteries.
- Survive. Clear areas of monsters and claim it as yours.
- Craft permanent weapons, tools, outfits, and trinkets.
- Hunt dangerous game
- Farm exotic plants and reap the rewards as crop gets ripe.
- Solve puzzles above ground and underground in the Tombs of the Old Ones
- Fish cunning scaly things under the watery surface.
- Cook delicious recipes for permanent stat and ability upgrades.
- Unravel the mysteries of the strange island.
Let the destruction (and creation) commence!
The full version of Dysmantle will be ready when it’s ready. When that time comes, it’ll be for current and next-gen consoles, as well as Linux and Mac.
In the meantime, here’s the link to GOG.