For a couple of weeks now I’ve been holding back in putting out a news piece on the Desperados III release date as there wasn’t one.
Well, now there is!
Set in the Wicky Wicky Wild Wild West, Desperados III, published by THQ Nordic, follows the story of John Cooper, the leader of an outlaw posse set out on a quest for redemption.
Yes, we’re familiar with that path, but Desperados III is the prequel to Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive and rather than an open world horse-stealing, TB inflicted saga, the game mechanics focus on ‘hardcore tactical stealth‘.
Accompanied by Kate – a runaway bride, the shady hitman Doc McCoy, Hector the Giant Trapper (straight from Middle Earth?) and a mysterious lady from New Orleans called Isabelle, John is in the best of company.
Considering the setting.
What can we expect from Desperados III?
- Play five unique characters, each with a very particular set of skills.
- Experience true freedom of choice with countless different ways to overcome any obstacle.
- Defeat large groups of enemies with careful planning and execution
- Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, mysterious swamps, sprawling modern cities, and many more.
- Choose between non-lethal and deadly attacks, stealth and blazing guns.
- Adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replay challenges.
- The Showdown mode allows you to pause the game anytime and react to ambushes or surprise attacks.
Also, there’s a pretty nifty Collector’s Edition available.
The Digital Deluxe Edition is also available now for early adopters for the price of the Standard Edition – for a limited time, mind.
Have a looksie at the trailer now:
More importantly, Desperados III release date is the 16th of June 2020 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.