A 3D platformer with a 2D aesthetic, Demon Turf is coming out 2020/2021.
It’s a beautiful looking game – though a 3D world, the main character, Beebz, has a 2D charm to her, as she sets out to become the Demon Queen.
How can a cutey like this become the Demon Queen? She’s already a demon, but at 1000 years old, is a mere child so has to prove herself in the Demon World.
Demon Turf features include:
- A unique aesthetic combining the expressiveness of 2D illustrations with the depth and sense of exploration 3D environments can offer!
- A world chock-full of humor and style, from the music accompanied by the protagonist’s rapping to the colorful characters inhabiting the world!
- A unique take on progression! Take a victory lap and explore previously beaten levels to discover their liberated state, with plenty of mechanical and environmental changes to uncover. Or take some time off in the hub town taking on sidequests and other distinct challenges instead.
- Pull off some clever platforming combinations or get physical with a special physics-driven combat system that ramps up the chaos and fun. Push, pull and spin your enemies out of your way.
- A different take on checkpoints, freeing the player to place them wherever they want. Show off without them for a perfect run, or place one in preparation for a challenging section.
- Unique challenges like the “Photo Hunt” mode where you’re tasked to take pictures of hidden locations & surprising moments! Or simply take picures and selfies for fun and share them across all social media!
- An awesome collection of purchasable mods that can be combined in clever ways to completely change your play style! Or you could buy some dyes & pets instead, the world’s your oyster!
- Tons of carefully crafted levels that constantly introduce new challenges as well as engaging bosses full of character and life! Until Beebz gets to them…
Check out the official reveal trailer below:
Demon Turf will be out in 2020/2021, and you can monitor the progress on the Steam page (add it to your wishlist, etc.).